The Sex Offender Residency Board of Appeals shall consist of 5 members appointed by the Village of Pewaukee president, subject to confirmation by the Village Board, for terms of three years.
*All meetings are held virtually until further notice.
The Sex Offender Residency Board of Appeals receives reports from the Police Department as to the criminal background of applicant and the nature and circumstances of the underlying offense requiring the registration under Wisconsin Statute §301.45 or §301.46.
What does a member of the Sex Offender Residency Board of Appeals do?
- Hear from the applicant, Police Department and others affected by any decision made
- Considers the amount of time which has passed since the original offense was committed
- Inquire about evidence of any re-offense
- Review applicant's employment status and length of employment
- Evaluate an applicant's remorse, evidence of rehabilitation and factors indicating possible re-offense
When: Meetings are scheduled as needed
Where: Pewaukee Village Hall
To become a member of the Sex Offender Residency Appeals Board complete an application and turn in at the Village Hall.
Current Sex Offender Residency Appeals Board members:
- Village Trustee Tony Hopkins
- Jennifer Heinemann (term 5/1/19 TO 4/30/22)
- Laurin Miller (term 5/5/20 TO 4/30/23)
- Charla Beutler (term 5/5/20 TO 4/30/23)
- Susan Zenda (term 5/1/19 TO 4/30/22)